Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nature's Playground - review



I just finished another great book that I wanted to share on: Nature's Playground by Fiona Danks and Jo Schofield. This was a well done book with a lot of great ideas to get children outside exploring - guided and unguided!

We spend a lot of time out doors, however I am always on the look out for new ways to explore or encourage my child to open her sense and mind while outdoors. This book offers just that, ideas to expand the mind and experience of enjoying nature for each season - from pond skimming to field exploration and forest mobiles to wind flags.

In the back of my mind I keep toying with starting a 'nature club' where the we meet once a month to explore nature of all kinds - trails, fields, beaches, streams, ponds, nature walks, outdoor crafty activities, etc. This book draws me closer to exploring this idea and incorporating some bigger ideas into our nature experiences that might be more enjoyable with more than one or two children.

If you are looking for a nice book to add to your collection - I recommend this book! It is full of wonderful ideas that are easy, doable and most of all fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment