Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Secret Code Fall Words

Our Fall Words list has been posted on the learning wall, we have done some Read, Build & Write mats with them and of course read them a lot. However today I used this great little secret code sheet I found online here: Mrs. Gilchrist's Class - Secret Code Word Sheet We have used this for fun work or spelling words, but today Holly created a small booklet of fall words we are focusing on this month.

To do this we have a laminated version of this Secret Code Words sheet and then I created small sheets with the codes to spell out her fall words. I put blanks down to write the letters on. She had the figure them out, read them to me and then draw them. When all finished she stapled them together as a mini-booklet. It was a lot of fun!

I am amazed how adding a Secret Code element can change the whole concept of learning new words... makes learning a lot of fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment